Saturday 16 July 2011

Fimo Forest

Well, after my little ramble this morning I was feeling a bit more inspired to get what I want out of my materials and I came up with a cute little range of pendants using stones with leaf and crystal inserts. They are really cool and go really well with macrame. I have been thinking about doing other accessories to go with them too. This could be a turning point in my designs. It feels much more... together. Here are some of the pendants:


They actually remind me a lot of the work that I saw when I was in South America. I was really inspired by the markets in the Patagonia region of Argentina when I went there a couple of years ago. They used a lot of clays (though mostly epoxy resins - which aren't very good for you to work with), along with wood carving, metal work and loads of macrame. I really love macrame and am so happy that I can bring it back into my designs.

Today was a good day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment